« Home | Workout (Cardio)The weather was quite nice for mos... » | Workout (Weights & Stretch)BodyPump: 7:30am-8:30am... » | Workout* (Cardio)Warmup: 5 minutes, .48kmRun: 18 m... » | Weekly Workout Summary Sunday: Cardio (Running/Wal... » | Workout (Cardio)Warmup: 5 minutesRun: 10 minutes, ... » | Workout (Weights)BodyPump: 7:30am-8:30amI can NOT ... » | Workout (Cardio)Warmup: 5 minutesRun: 10 minutes, ... » | Workout (Weights & Stretch)BodyPump: 7:30am-8:30am... » | Workout (Cardio)Warmup: 5 minutes, HR: 120Run: 10 ... » | Weekly Workout SummarySunday: Cardio (Running/Walk... »

Workout (Weights)
BodyPump: 7:30am-8:30am

I don't know if I'm hitting the wall, or just burning myself out (with both work and exercise) but Body Pump was ridiculous. I was fine during my lower body tracks but I totally wussed out during chest, biceps and shoulders. I had to take breaks during chest and biceps AND had to lower my weights during shoulders. I felt like a total wuss during class and it didn't make a difference to me that for a lot of the class I had the most weights on my bar (other than Instructor J, who is male and of course would be lifting more than me - the rest of the class was all women). I wonder if maybe I've upped my upper weights too prematurely, but I don't think so, because if I drop back down to a lighter weight then it's not difficult for me - so maybe it's not an entirely bad thing that I'm having to pause during the sets - it just means that I am challenging myself, which is good. I think. But ouch, it was tough - especially when J made us do pushups AFTER we did our bench presses AND he made us do tricep dips AFTER we did the tricep curls. UGH. AND we had to do pushups during shoulders too. Maybe it's no wonder that I wussed out.