« Home | Re-evaluating, Reobsessing and a Reason to Gloat » | Officially Back » | The Other Side of Happy » | Back from Fat Camp » | Last Days of Disco Exercise » | Running Out of Time » | My New Best Friend » | So This One Time, at Body Pump... » | Running Without Charlotte » | Tay Meets High Park »

A Chart! :)

I'm in training mode for the half-marathon in May and I've been working on increasing my mileage every Saturday when I go out for my 'long' run. I'm still not a very fast runner but I'm trying to be patient and for now I'm focusing on distance rather than speed. Running in the winter doesn't provide optimal conditions by any means either - things like layered clothing, breathing very cold air into your lungs and sidewalks that are treacherous with slush or (even worse) black ice make it very difficult to go fast when your biggest concern is not falling and breaking something.

But after a hellish 6-day work week last week I went out for my run on Saturday evening and despite black ice and Charlotte dying 20 minutes into it, I persevered and ended up running my longest distance yet, a 7.5km run that took me a LONG 53 minutes.

Regardless of the time I've been feeling VERY proud of myself, and this morning I decided to chart my progress to see how I'm doing and this is what my results have produced:



My run on January 1st was my first run (outdoors) in 3 months (which was my recovery time from my surgery), I didn't run the week of January 8 (sick?), did a 4.6km outdoor run on January 15th then, when the weather was nasty, kept it indoors between January 22nd until the 16th where I did a bunch of 5km runs on the treadmill. Took it back outdoors on the 17th where I ran for as long as I could (6.6km, 45 minutes) but seriously overdid it because I ended up with a bad knee (actually felt it start to give out during the run) so when I went out on the weekend I promised myself that I wouldn't increase by more than 10% and while I AIMED at only doing 7.3km, I ended up doing 7.5 which was ok because my knee felt/feels fine.

I bought a neosprene support wrap for my knee on the weekend and I plan on wearing it for my long runs so that I can go the distance and not have to worry about my knee giving out. I'll be wearing it Saturday when I aim for 8.25km, and again for next week when I go for 9km and then the following week when I should (fingers crossed) be up to 10km.

Have I mentioned before that I LOVE running? :)

read

Post a Comment


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts