« Home | Running Without Charlotte » | Tay Meets High Park » | Wonder Woman » | Still Exercising, Just Not Blogging » | Type A Personality? » | Coordinated » | Exhaustion Sets In / Skinny Jeans » | Recovery Run Plus Golf » | Darkness is Creeping Up Fast » | A Little Running, A Litte Swinging and Beer to Fin... »

So This One Time, at Body Pump...

Well this morning actually...there were moments where I felt light headed and nauseous. I was puzzled initially until I clued in that I DID lose a unit (one pint which works out to ~580grams) of blood yesterday and my body hadn't quite replenished it yet. So I took it easy during a couple of the tracks (biceps and shoulders) and chatted with the instructor after the class to confirm whether the blood loss had something to do with my struggle during the class. The instructor was a sub for B and she told us at the beginning of class that it was going to be a tough release but did I lower my weights with that advanced warning? Of course not! Anyhow, Sub-Instructor totally confirmed my concerns about having given blood - she said I would especially be affected during weightlifting as the blood goes directly to the muscles and apparently, it takes 24 hours to replenish that much of a blood loss.

So I debated not going to BP next Tuesday since I've got to give another unit on Monday but strategized about it with the Sub-Instructor - we agreed that a) I should do the class but that I should drink Gatorade before and during the class to get sugar in my system, b) I should consider lowering my weights (I only agreed to consider it and c) to be attentive to the symptoms I was experiencing this morning and take a break in between sets if I needed to.

I doubt I will lower my weights because I'm determined to raise my weights in the next week or so, so that when I can get back to BP after my surgery, I can go back to the weights I'm currently doing and it'll be like I was never away.

And that reminds me - I see my surgeon this afternoon - I need to ask her when I can start running and going to body pump again after my surgery - I can accept that running might take a while but BP? I don't use or move my jaw, I bet I can go to BP the day after. (Joking. Sort of. :)


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts