« Home | The Other Side of Happy » | Back from Fat Camp » | Last Days of Disco Exercise » | Running Out of Time » | My New Best Friend » | So This One Time, at Body Pump... » | Running Without Charlotte » | Tay Meets High Park » | Wonder Woman » | Still Exercising, Just Not Blogging »

Officially Back

I realized today that it's been exactly 3 months to the day since we did the Run for the Cure which was my last run pre-surgery. The start of a new year and the 8 degree temperature was more than enough to motivate me to pull my runners out of my closet, throw on my ball cap and with Charlotte strapped to my arm, hit the pavement for a run through the neighborhood. Tay and I agreed to take it easy as we ran and we definitely didn't break any of our records in the speed or distance category, but we did manage to run for 20 minutes without stopping and covered almost 3km of familiar territory, part of which was on a slight incline uphill (including the very first 2 minutes or so).

I didn't know what to expect when I laced up my runners and I told myself that if I managed 20 minutes I'd be happy. 20 minutes is 20 minutes, and as Tay said when we got home and were unlacing our runners, we got out there again which is the hard part.

While I have been to Body Pump in the past couple of weeks and am planning on going tomorrow, I knew that I couldn't declare myself officially back until I'd been out for a run.

So there you have it...I'm officially back and am I ever glad to be :).


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts