« Home | Last Days of Disco Exercise » | Running Out of Time » | My New Best Friend » | So This One Time, at Body Pump... » | Running Without Charlotte » | Tay Meets High Park » | Wonder Woman » | Still Exercising, Just Not Blogging » | Type A Personality? » | Coordinated »

Back from Fat Camp

I jokingly said to AL yesterday when she was visiting that I felt like I just got back from fat camp - I didn't think the loss of almost 10lbs would make such a difference but when size 10 jeans are loose on me and my arm and wrist is close to the same size as my very petite (5'2") friend then, well I start to see the difference.

Last night after dinner I wasn't feeling quite right - later in the day I was feeling sleepy and took a nap and after dinner, when I was upstairs brushing my teeth I felt absolutely exhausted. When Tay came up to help me attach fresh elastics in my mouth (oh the joy of being married to me ;), we had to stop numerous times because I was feeling woozy and was scared that I was going to pass out. I kept having to stop and sit with my head between my knees and once the elastics were on, I had to go lay down again.

I knew that when I got on the scale this morning that it wasn't going to be good news and it really wasn't - the scale read 148.5. I've been weighing myself consistently every day this week, trying to monitor my intake and make sure I'm eating enough so the new weight reading meant that I had dropped 2lbs from the 150.5 that I was Friday morning.

The interesting (and good thing?) is that I've also been checking my body fat throughout the week - at the beginning of my sudden, fast weight loss, my body fat rose a couple of %s to about 28. Tay and I assumed that it was because my sudden loss was coming from my muscles (damn! All that work in BP! :), but today when I checked, it was hovering just above 26%. So I don't know - is the fact that my body fat dropping now a good sign? Does it mean that I'm no longer losing muscle but am not losing actually fat? Are my muscles safe again?


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts