« Home | I'm Not As Crazy As I Thought » | Update » | Workout (Running/Walking) » | Weekly Workout Summary » | Workout (Cardio AND Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Stretch) » | Workout (Weights & Cardio) » | Workout (Cardio) »

This Cold Is So Kicking My Ass

I told Tay between sniffles last night that if I felt the tiniest bit better this morning that I was going to take my stuff downtown and hit the treadmill. I'd read somewhere that you shouldn't run with a sore throat but that you could if you were stuffed up because running helps loosen all that yucky stuff and helps your body expel it faster. Tay suggested that I was crazy - he said that I'm sick and that my body needs to conserve it's strength to get well, not to do 5km on the treadmill. While I had to agree with him, I was convinced that my cold was progressing and that by this morning, my cold would have progressed past the sore throat part and all that I would be left with would be stuffiness and some soreness. Positive thinking right?

Anyhow, I woke up this morning feeling yet again like I'd be hit by a mac truck, still sore throat, still stuffed up, headachy and sore and so warm that I wonder if I haven't been running a fever off and on during the night. I debated long and hard going into work (yeah, I had given up on the idea of a morning run, but I was trying to use BodyFlow at lunch as a lure) and finally decided that I couldn't do it. I was too miserable, besides which, why risk passing my cold onto my coworkers?

So I'm home and I haven't worked out since Monday and it sucks. I'm going to work tomorrow and you'd better believe that if I don't get up for BP in the morning, I'm going on my lunch hour at the very least.

Stupid cold.


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts