« Home | Enough. » | Grrrr. » | This Cold Is So Kicking My Ass » | I'm Not As Crazy As I Thought » | Update » | Workout (Running/Walking) » | Weekly Workout Summary » | Workout (Cardio AND Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Weights) »

Weekly Workout Summary

Monday: Cardio (Running/Walking, 6:30am)

And...that's it. 1/7.

Goddamn stupid @#$%ing cold.

I did'nt run yesterday and I wanted to try and get to Body Pump today, but after having a discussion that I had with Tay last night, I decided to give myself until tomorrow morning before I hit the gym again.

We talked mostly about my determination to push myself when I'm sick - he thinks that I need to just slow down and take care of myself when I'm sick (and give my body the rest it needs to get better), whereas, like I proved last week, I think that a cold shouldn't really slow me down and even on my sickest days, I was trying to get to the gym. Positive thinking type thing, I guess, which didn't really work for me last week because here it is, almost a week later and I'm still sniffling.

I was trying to figure out my motivation behind this stubborn attitude of mine - why, when I'm obviously not well, do I still try to maintain my exercise routine that is a challenge even when I'm in the best of health? I know that a huge part of it is that I have been really enjoying working out lately (more so now than ever before - I realize now that the key to success is to find forms of exercise that you love - for me, it's running, Body Pump and yoga) and that I feel SO much better when I'm exercising constantly (both physically and mentally - no exercise in a week? I feel lethargic and heavy). But I also know how hard it is for me to get into a routine and for that routine to stick - so as much as possible, I try not to deviate from it because once I get momentum going, I can ride it for a pretty long time. If I stop (get sick, go on holidays, let work bog me down) then it takes me that much longer to get back into it.

I know that I need to take care of myself - and I can accept that one of the reasons I might have gotten sick in the first place is because I've been under some stress and pushing myself a lot (through work AND exercise) and I probably need to eat better - Tay tells me constantly that I'm not eating enough so I'm going to try and refocus and take better care of myself - I'm definitely hoping that the trip to Halifax next month will be a good chance to decompress and recover (though I AM bringing my running shoes :P).

As for now, this cold has had me for 7 days, and I'll give it the rest of the day and one more night's sleep - but come tomorrow morning I'm hitting the gym at 7am (figure I should take it easy and treadmill it - controlled climate, less impact on the body) and I'm going to run my little heart out.


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts