« Home | Coordinated » | Exhaustion Sets In / Skinny Jeans » | Recovery Run Plus Golf » | Darkness is Creeping Up Fast » | A Little Running, A Litte Swinging and Beer to Fin... » | Starting to Burn Out » | Our Golf Pro is Named Roy and Wears Black Knee Socks » | Kicking and Screaming (Almost) » | Running = Quality Time » | 5.2km in 30 Minutes »

Type A Personality?

Workout (Weights...and Swinging)

BodyPump: 7:30am-8:30am
Driving Range: 6:30pm-7:15pm

The other day when I was talking to Ted and he was recommending to me that I needed to cutback on my weights in order to not bulk up, I gave him this look as if to say WTF? Cut back? And he started to laugh and made a comment about this is where my Type A personality is kicking in and again I looked at him as if to say WTF because a) I only vaguely know anything about personality types and b) I would never have labelled myself as a Type A but he seems to think I am - the words he used to describe me were driven, ambitious, stubborn, motivated etc. etc.

When I got to BP, I thought about what Ted suggested, and considered lowering my weights - there was one track where I did in fact have a lower weight on my bar, but quickly changed it - I found that I didn't want to. Wouldn't accept that I had to go lower because going lower was a stepback, was less than what I knew I could do and so I didn't, but promised myself that I maybe after my surgery, when I was getting back into BP again, that I would lower my weights then.

So I got to wondering if perhaps I am a Type A personality and did some looking online for personality tests and found this one, which gave me the following results:


You Have A Type A- Personality

You are one of the most balanced people around.
Motivated and focused, you are good at getting what you want. You rule at success, but success doesn't rule you. When it's playtime, you really know how to kick back. Whether it's hanging out with friends or doing something you love! You live life to the fullest - encorporating the best of both worlds.

Apparently, A- personality's are a little more tolerable then straight A types because they don't project their stress and frustrations onto others like As do. Works for me. I did some more looking online for personality tests and found one that's a little more detailed and it can be found
here. My results show me as a ESFP type - the description of this type of personality can be found here. Interesting stuff, and not really workout related, but since I'm currently not blogging at my other blog, I'm including it here ;).

Calorie Intake: 1956*
Calories Burned: 400

Calories Net: 1197


*Since the house is being painted this week and every surface (counter and floor) in the kitchen was occupied, we were forced to grab take out after golf. Ended up getting Swiss Chalet and I was horrified to learn how many calories a quarter chicken with a side ceasar salad had in it. Ridiculous! I'm boycotting Swiss Chalet from now on, the food's hardly good, the smell of the chicken nauseates me and it's definitely not worth 600+ calories.




* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts