« Home | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Weekly Workout Summary » | Enough. » | Grrrr. » | This Cold Is So Kicking My Ass » | I'm Not As Crazy As I Thought » | Update » | Workout (Running/Walking) » | Weekly Workout Summary »

Workout (Stretch and Cardio)

BodyFlow: 12:10pm-1:10pm

Walking (Warmup) : 5 minutes
Running: 40 minutes
Walking (Cooldown) : 5 minutes

When did 15 minutes become 40?

I was too sore from BodyPump yesterday to go for a run this morning but I brought my running clothes with me to work thinking I might get in a run after work. After a very long, very boring meeting that ran late and therefore kept me at my desk well after 5 preparing for another meeting tomorrow morning, I seriously debated whether or not to run. My head was hurting, my butt and thighs still hurt when I walked, I was tired and I'm still sniffling (yes, over a week later). Earlier in the day I thought I would be able to run outdoors because there was a nice breeze but by 5 the humidity was building so I knew if I was going to run it was going to be at the gym. Finally I convinced myself to hit the treadmill and promised myself that even if I only did 15 minutes it was better than nothing and that I'd allow myself to go home at the 15 minute mark.

My motivation going to the gym was next to none - realizing I forgot my lock was almost enough to send me back to my car and on my way home. Didn't help either when I got on the treadmill and discovered that a) I forgot by heart rate watch, and b) Charlotte's battery was dead - it took every ounce of me not to get off the treadmill. I pitched the Ipod into my bag though, plugged my headphones into the gym's music system and tried not to get discouraged when, at 2 minutes into my run I wanted to stop.

I told myself to just run until I couldn't run anymore. And then a funny thing happened. At the 15 minute mark, I realized I wanted to do 5 more. At the 20 minute mark, I figured I'd go for 25 and I did. At the 25 minute market, I was too close to 30 to give up and once I hit 30 I figured I could do just 5 more, and I did. And at the 35 minute mark I realized I'd never ran for longer than 35 so I pushed it a bit more and 5 minutes later I was at 40.

40 minutes of running without stopping, for a total of 6km.

In order to start training for the marathon next May, I need to be able to run 5-6km 3-4 times a week by the end of August. It's not even the end of July and I've hit the 6km mark. To say I'm excited is an understatement :).

I'm looking forward to getting back outdoors, and am hoping for an early morning run Friday morning with Tay. I have plans to go to BP with AL tomorrow evening after work despite the fact that I'm still sore from Body Pump yesterday, plus BodyFlow today was a new release so the positions were tough, and after that run tonight all I can think about is how I thought my butt and thighs hurt BEFORE I hit the gym. I'm tired, I'm still headachy and I hurt but it's all irrelevant because I think I've had one of my best runs EVER.


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts