« Home | Workout (Stretch and Cardio) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Weekly Workout Summary » | Enough. » | Grrrr. » | This Cold Is So Kicking My Ass » | I'm Not As Crazy As I Thought » | Update » | Workout (Running/Walking) »

Workout (Weights)

Body Pump: 5:30pm-6:30pm

I think I maybe overdid the working out this week and was possibly not fully recovered from my cold because Body Pump was brutal. I can't remember the last time I found a Body Pump class so hard, or when I sweated so much. I was constantly wiping my face down and I drank half a litre of water and half a litre of Gatorade during the hour class. AL joined me for the class and of course she barely broke a sweat - can I just say how frustrating it is to workout with someone who doesn't sweat and finishes the class looking the way she started whereas when I finish, I look like I've been through the wringer? :). (And I just finished having this conversation with Steve who fully agrees with me, so there's no use in AL getting all indignant ;).

I noticed in BP that Instructor B kept calling out to me on how to adjust my form - I'm guessing because I upped my weights that it was throwing off my form a bit and so everytime she said something I did my best to correct - by the 4th or 5th time I was trying to convince myself that it was good that she was watching me and that she just wanted me to be doing it properly so that I didn't hurt myself, and not feel like I was getting picked on becaues I didn't notice her calling out to anyone else. Maybe it was because I was lifting SO much weight (more than the dude next to me) that she wanted to keep an eye on me as a precaution. That must be it ;).

Regardless the class was really hard and I was REALLY sore afterwards that I need a day off and I won't be working out again until Saturday morning when I'm hoping to go for a run before I head downtown to meet Laura for Body Pump at her gym. I'm going to try and run for 40 minutes again, this time outside. How exciting! :)


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts