« Home | It's A Very Good Thing That I Doubled Up » | Possible New Strategy » | Slacker » | Validation » | Good Intentions But Not Much Common Sense » | Has To Count For Something » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Stretch) »

Fun at the Grocery Store

After spending a couple of weeks monitoring my food over at fitday, I've been a lot more conscious of the things I eat and the where my excess/lack is in regards to my daily diet. I know with all my running and Body Pump classes I need to be eating more protein, so I spent a lot of time in Loblaws chosing different foods that I could snack on during the week. Stocked up on little flavored tins of tuna (Jody got me curious about them when I was in Hlfx), and some Hershey SmartZone bars (on sale and each one has 15grams of protein) plus bought some more bananas, some frozen yogurt and TWO boxes of cereal (Berry Burst Cheerios and Special K Vanilla Almond). Also bought a bag of baked Tostitos instead of the normal ones I buy, and when I eat them with this really hot 'authentic' mexican salsa I've been favoring, you can hardly tell the chips have very little taste :). Pretzels are another snack alternative, and I bought some kiwi fruit too. I haven't had this much fun in a grocery store in a long time, and now, when I go to the fridge to find something to eat, it's less of a challenge and a lot more fun :).

Workout (Cardio)
Walking (Warmup): 5 minutes
Running: 30 minutes / Distance: 5km / HR: Between 160-180
Walking (Cooldown): 7 minutes

Despite racing all day, Tay joined me for a run after dinner - we went out at 9pm and the temperature was pleasantly comfortable. There's something I love about running at night, when everything's a lot less quiet and there's less cars on the road - more often then not, traffic lights work in your favor and there's less cars when you're running across crosswalks. Tay started to outpace me at the beginning of the run and I debated speeding up to try and keep up but decided to keep my own pace, conscious of the hamstring I pulled a couple of weeks ago by pushing myself too hard. It was a good pace though and I finally signalled to Tay that I was going to stop once we hit the 30 minute mark - I probably could have gone longer but I was getting tired and I knew that I'd be doubling up at the gym again on Monday (as well as having done so on Saturday) so I figured I shouldn't push it. When we got home I mapped out our route on Gmaps and saw that we'd done 6km total, with almost a 5km run (4.89km). I was a little disappointed because I had hoped we'd run farther, but 4.89km in 30 minutes is VERY close to my 5km in 30 minute goal so I'll be happy with that.

Calories Intake: 1723
Calories Burned: 385
Calorie Net: 1338

I love grocery shopping. I am a bit surprised you only just started with more consideration to what you put into yourself for fuel. It's a lot more fun to have on hand, stuff you can actually enjoy without the guilt!

Post a Comment


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts