« Home | Workout (Stretch) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Cardio & Stretch) » | Does Learning to Swing Count? » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Weights And Cardio) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Stretch) » | Workout (Weights and Other Stuff) »

Workout (Cardio)

Warmup: 5 minutes
Running: 30 minutes / Speed:5.3 / HR: 150-160
Cooldown: 10 minutes


I was apprehensive getting on the treadmill because of my strained hamstring, but knowing that I should be fine as long as I took it easy, I headed over to the gym for a run between meetings. They all thought I was crazy as I left the office - the heat was making everyone lethargic and we'd all be in a press meeting for the afternoon but I figured if anything, the cold shower after the run would help wake me up at the very least.

Got on the treadmill and set the speed for lower than I normally run (trying lately to keep it at 5.7/5.8 but set it at 5.3) and it wasn't until 20 minutes into the run that I noticed that the treadmill was set at a .6 degree incline - not a lot, but a little. Enough that when I decreased the incline to zero I noticed the difference. My leg was a little sore while I ran but not enough to make me want to stop and I noticed at the end of the 30 minutes how effortless it seemed to go that long. Granted I was only going slightly faster than a jog, but it's the time that counts and it's what impresed me :). I remember before thinking that an hour run seemed impossible, but now that I've managed 40 minutes at least once, and 30 minutes seems easy, 60 minutes definitely seems within reach :).


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts