« Home | Has To Count For Something » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Stretch) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Cardio & Stretch) » | Does Learning to Swing Count? » | Workout (Weights) »

Good Intentions But Not Much Common Sense

I had planned to go for a run on Sunday and the Body Bar class on Monday but being out in the sun all day Saturday left me with a very bad sunburn on my back, chest and upper legs. I did put on sunscreen but not until it was MUCH too late (kept getting distracted with my camera), so I spent Sunday and Monday in just a Lulu tank and baggy scrub like pants - went to the beach on Sunday with Tay's family but spent most of the afternoon sleeping under the umbrella minus a few cautious excursions out from beneath it to play with the dogs in the water's edge and a walk up the beach with Tay.

I convinced myself that I could go to BodyBar Monday but Sunday night I realized that with the burn on my back and on my thighs, it was going to be hard to do anything like dead rows, chest presses, or squats. Monday morning when I bailed on the class, Tay asked me if I wanted to try for a run instead and as much as I wanted to go, the thought of putting on my sports bra made me wince from the thought of the pain that it'd inflict.

So Sunday and Monday was a write off because of the burn, with the exception of a 10 minute hike into the woods to the lake, a half hour of swimming/splashing around and then the hike back out. I'd work out today, but after getting up at 5 to fly back from Halifax, and then sitting on the runway for an hour while we waited for a storm to pass and then coming to work very late, and then having to stay late this evening to make up for this morning and then having to rush to a BOD meeting outside the city...I don't see working out happening.

Grrr.

Tomorrow though. For sure.


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts