« Home | Slacker » | Validation » | Good Intentions But Not Much Common Sense » | Has To Count For Something » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Stretch) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) »

Possible New Strategy

I decided that I really, really liked doubling up my workout on Wednesday night when I ran and then did BP - the benefits of doubling up were great and the idea of combining two days of working out into one session seemed genius to me - after the class on Wednesday AL and I decided that we'd do the same thing on Saturday morning - so we've made plans to run and then hit BP tomorrow morning.

I spoke with Ted about the idea of doubling up and if he had any cautionary advice to give, but he totally encouraged it - and mentioned something that I didn't consider - if I'm going to run before BP, then my muscles will be nice and warm and I'm less likely to hurt myself during a BP class.

So I have to figure out now how to do the two back to back while still getting in some runs with Tay and AL (who won't always be able to join me for a BP class unfortunately.

Saturday or Sunday is doable, since there's BP classes both mornings and I can run on the treadmill before hand (or maybe AL can meet me before my class and we can run outdoors), and then the other weekend day Tay and I can run. My usual Tuesday or Thursday BP class might a little hard since the class is at 7:30 and I'd have to be on the treadmill by 6:30, which means leaving the house by at least 6 if not a little before. Yikes, might be hard. But I really, really, like those classes so I would hate to give them up. BUT one of the reasons that I like the Tuesday morning BP is because it's instructor B, and I *think* she does both the Tuesday night class and the Thursday night class - definitely the Thursday night class for sure.

So.

I could try doubling up on Tuesday am, and could try doubling up Thursday am with Thursday evening as a back up and then there'd be the weekend option as well.

As of now, I could probably pull off the following and be able to tweak it slightly on the Thursday nights when I have meetings:

Sunday: Run (Outdoors)
Monday: Off
Tuesday: Run (6:30am), BP (7:30am)
Wednesday: Run (Outdoors)
Thursday: Run (6:30am), BP (7:30am)
Friday: Off
Saturday: Run (9:30am), BP (10:30am)

With the option to skip either Thursday or Saturday if I'm tired, something like that should work. Plus it gives me a possible 5-run week which would be ideal AND I would be totally optimizing my BP classes. I'm going to give it a try, starting tomorrow!

(PS. My throat is still sore, so I didn't get to the gym for my run today :( ).


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts