« Home | Possible New Strategy » | Slacker » | Validation » | Good Intentions But Not Much Common Sense » | Has To Count For Something » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Stretch) » | Workout (Weights) »

It's A Very Good Thing That I Doubled Up

Workout (Running and Weights)
Warmup (Walk): 5 minutes
Running: 20 minutes
Walk: 5 minutes
Running: 20 minutes

It's hard for me to track my stats when I'm out running with AL because we spend so much time chatting that I forget about stats other than for how long we've been running. I think my HR stuck between 160 and 170 which is normal for me lately, and according to Gmaps our route was 5.7 km and can be found here.

AL and I can be such girls when it comes to running, or at least I can be, because I asked AL what she would be wearing to run (the weather was beautiful yesterday, sunny, but the temperature was only at 12 degrees) and AL said that she'd most likely wear shorts but a t-shirt rather than her customary tank. A few minutes after we got off the phone, it rang again, and it was AL informing me that she might be wearing pants instead of shorts - I heard Steve in the background asking her if she was really on the phone with me telling me about the wardrobe change and then AL's reply, which was if she wore pants and I showed up in shorts, that I would absolutely FREAK out. I can admit to having (or had) a bit of a shorts/leg issue and used to HATE wearing shorts mostly because I thought my legs looked short and stubby but now think it was related to wearing too big shorts that didn't fit me properly - I now quite enjoy wearing the new Lulu shorts I bought a couple of weeks ago, but it was a good thing for AL to consider my shortsphobia.

The run was great, the weather was perfect, I felt like we could have kept going (despite having to take a 5 minute break) but we had a BP class to get to, so we cut it short and hit the gym instead.

Tracked my HR during BP and saw that it varied considerably depending on the track that we did - it was anywhere from mid-120s to mid-150s which seems to be a good range to be in. The instructor (J) did another release which was fast paced and more difficult then the release we'd been doing so I sweated through it, which was great - by the end of the class, and including the run, I'd been working out for 2 hours and had burned 850 calories.

Calories Intake: 2977*
Calories Burned: 850
Calorie Net: 2127

*Had friends over for dinner and snacking on bratwurst fried in beer, guacamole and chips and dip PLUS a really big strawberry daiquiri and later a glass of wine maybe had something to do with my high calorie intake ;). Thank god I worked out for two hours and therefore brought my net calories down to just over 2100. The day was still too high though - it's a good thing we don't entertain every night :).


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts