« Home | Fun at the Grocery Store » | It's A Very Good Thing That I Doubled Up » | Possible New Strategy » | Slacker » | Validation » | Good Intentions But Not Much Common Sense » | Has To Count For Something » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Cardio) »

Going Through Twice the Workout Clothes

Workout (Cardio & Weights)

Cardio:
Walk (Warmup): 5 minutes
Running: 45 minutes / 6.6km / HR: Between 153-173 / Incline 1%/30 minutes, .5%/10 minutes, 0%/ 5minutes / Speed: 5.5/30minutes / 5.3 15 minutes
Walk: 2 minutes

It's interesting - I can run faster outdoors but can run for longer indoors. I would think that I would also be running faster on the treadmill but that's not the case - maybe it's the incline that's affecting my speed in which case, running on a treadmill on an incline should prove to be helpful in the winter when the weather's poor and I can't run. Should keep me prepped during the colder months and help make the transition back intooutdoor running in the spring easier (I'm hoping to get my incline up to a steady 3%?). I think I could be running at a faster speed on the treadmill, because sometimes my front brushes against the handrest on the treadmill, but I'm still thinking my HR is a little too high - I'd like to see it not creep past the low 160s and I figure if I run faster, it's just going to raise my HR so I'll keep taking it slow. Right now (while I'm on the treadmill) I'd rather build up my endurance so I can run longer and maybe I can transfer that training to when I'm running outdoors and use it to pick up my speed. Either way, I've been averaging runs that are 5-6km this week (both indoors and out) which is still my goal to begin my mileage training program at the end of august so I can do the marathon next May.

Weights
Body Pump was HARD after the run - I brought a change of clothes for the class and 10 minutes in my other workout top was drenched. My hair was damp, my face was flushed, I'm sure the rest of the pple in the class think I'm a crazy-workout-gal but I made it through the class and felt super-good afterwards, and maybe only a little sore. Or maybe a lot :). But it still felt good and was definitely challenging. AND I burned 800 calories :).

Calorie Intake: 2241
Calories Burned: ~800
Calories Net: 1441


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts