« Home | Workout (Cardio & Stretch) » | Does Learning to Swing Count? » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Weights And Cardio) » | Workout (Cardio) » | Workout (Stretch) » | Workout (Weights and Other Stuff) » | If I Could Have, I Would Have » | Workout (Weights) » | Workout (Stretch and Cardio) »

Workout (Cardio)

Walking: 5 minutes
Running: 15 minutes / 2.5km / HR: 173
Walking: 20 minutes / HR: 137

Total Time: 40 minutes
Distance: 4.87km

I somehow managed to convince Tay to go for a run around 9pm, with the promise that we wouldn't stay out very long, only one running session and a walking warmup and cooldown. We started off at a good pace and despite the temperature (weather network indicated a temp of 33 with the humidex, but it felt relatively cool), I managed to stay just ahead of Tay until 10 minutes or so into our run and then I began to fall behind a little bit. At the 15 minute mark I pulled the plug and said I couldn't do anymore; we slowed down and walked for 20 minutes. Shortly before we got home I began to notice a cramp in my right hip and a slight pain behind my right knee - I made sure to stretch well when we got in, but later, when I was complaining that my legs were sore, Tay tsked me and said that I should have said something about the pace and we could have slowed down. I gave him what I hoped was my best stubborn You're-kidding-me look and then for extra emphasis I declared there was no way I was going to do that.

Competitive much? Maybe just a little :).

Two short runs in a row - I'm hoping to hit the treadmill after work tomorrow for a lengthier run. I'd like to get into running daily, even if 4 or 5 of the 7 runs are shorter, with 2 longer runs, and during my shorter runs I can work on building up my speed.

Calories Consumed: 2113
Calories Burned (During exercise): 271
Calories Net: 1842

Another thing for me to be obsessive about - Fitday.com.

(Though I really could have gone without knowing the truth about avocados.)


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts