« Home | Shopping DOES Burn Calories » | Longest, Farthest » | Blowing Off Steam » | Just Yoga » | Going Through Twice the Workout Clothes » | Fun at the Grocery Store » | It's A Very Good Thing That I Doubled Up » | Possible New Strategy » | Slacker » | Validation »

Stupid Humidity

Workout (Cardio)
Walking (Warmup): 5 minutes
Running: 15 minutes
Walking: 25 minutes

The humidity made the running portion brutal - I couldn't breathe properly and the air was heavy, 15 minutes into the run I'd had enough. I guess I'm getting used to either the cooler weather at night, or the climate inside the gym because runs late in the morning under the sun and with humidity bearing down on you are just not worth it. There's not a lot of fun in running when feeling like you're going to puke makes you want to stop.

We kept walking after we stopped running though, and stayed out for 45 minutes - burned 350 calories (probably because my HR was in a better zone walking then running - I need to work on keeping my HR down when I run) so it wasn't a TOTAL write off, but I still wasn't please that I had to give up so easily.

Calorie Intake: 2172
Calories Burned: 350
Calories Net: 1822


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts