« Home | Starting to Burn Out » | Our Golf Pro is Named Roy and Wears Black Knee Socks » | Kicking and Screaming (Almost) » | Running = Quality Time » | 5.2km in 30 Minutes » | Stupid Humidity » | Shopping DOES Burn Calories » | Longest, Farthest » | Blowing Off Steam » | Just Yoga »

A Little Running, A Litte Swinging and Beer to Finish the Day :)

Workout (Cardio and Whatever Swinging is Considered)

Walking (Warmup): 5 minutes
Running: 30 minutes / 5.12 km / HR: 170ish-180ish
Walking (Cooldown): 5 minutes

Went for speed today rather than distance, (I'm going to start considering these days 'sprint' days for lack of a better word and the distance days 'enduro' days) and while we started off fast, we slowed down considerably but still did just over 5km in 30 minutes. I suppose that's my only goal during a sprint is to hit at least 5km in the 30 minutes that we're running, as well as to keep my heart rate up although I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get a reading on my heart when I'm running fast. I don't know if it's because my heart is beating so fast or just because my fingers on the pulse points are less steady, but either way, it's really starting to annoy me. I do know that my HR was higher than normally and probably in the range it should be when we're working harder. Slowed down towards the end of the run because Tay was suffering from some pain in his side but we still managed to hit our target.

I noticed at the end of the run that the sorest part of me was through my abs, and I'm wondering if all the training in BP to constantly keep our core strong is carrying over into my running, in which case, it should definitely work to my advantage and help alleviate any stress on my back.

Driving Range:
45 minutes ~

I promised that I'd practice and so we did - but I'm quickly discovering that learning to swing properly is HARD - there's lots of things to remember all at once and I've never been one to focus on why something works I just want to DO it. It's why I've always been a mediocre pool player because I just don't care about the physics, I just want to hit the ball and sink it in the pocket. I'm trying to not be like that with golf, I do want to understand the different aspects of a swing and why they're important, but honestly, I just want to get that ball flying through the air.

Fruli!
We went by Rogers to pick up some flicks and as we pulled in I spotted the Beer Store and figured if anyplace would carry Fruli (LCBO doesn't) then this would be the place. Went in and sure enough, even though they didn't sell it by the case, they had bottles sitting all nice and cold so I grabbed six and after we got home from the driving range I drank two (and another one after dinner) and ate a bunch of doritos. My drinking beer (even if it is strawberry fruit beer) is definitely out of character for me and I threatened Tay that I might have to put on a wife beater and sit with my pants undone. He asked me if I was also planning on belching and I considered it briefly before primly declining to grant THAT request.



Calorie Intake: 1990
Calories Burned: 400?
Calories Net: 1590


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts