« Home | Stupid Humidity » | Shopping DOES Burn Calories » | Longest, Farthest » | Blowing Off Steam » | Just Yoga » | Going Through Twice the Workout Clothes » | Fun at the Grocery Store » | It's A Very Good Thing That I Doubled Up » | Possible New Strategy » | Slacker »

5.2km in 30 Minutes

Workout (Cardio)
Walking(Warmup): 5 minutes
Running: 30 minutes / 5.2km / HR: 169-188 (179 Avg)
Walking (Cooldown): 10 minutes

Went for speed rather than distance - when I gave Tay the 30 second warning to start running he wasn't quite ready with his mp3 player but I took off anyway and went fast - tried to see how far I could get before Tay caught me and it wasn't very far at all - maybe 1/2 a km. It's a good thing he wasn't a creepy stalker type guy chasing me down or I'd be left for dead in the field next to where he finally caught up with me :).

My HR was much too high during the entire run - it was high 170s when I was pushing myself, but a couple of times I got it to drop to the low 170s-high 160s. It peaked at 188 when we were approaching an intersection and I wanted to catch the light so we could run on the otherside of the neighborhood and the don't walk sign started to flash just before we hit the sidewalk. We pushed it though and flew through the intersection and I wasn't surprised at all to see that my HR had gone up way too much.

It worked itself out though, and although we were both exhausted when we finished running, we'd managed to do more than 5km in 30 minutes - which was my goal at the beginning of the summer.

I think we're going to start alternating our runs between distance and speed - I run on Tuesday with AL but that's more of a leisurely chat-while-we-run/less-pressure type of deal so Wednesday's run with Tay will be for distance - I think we'll try and do 45 minutes again but at a slower pace.

Calorie Intake: 2231
Calories Burned: 300
Calories Net: 1931


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts