« Home | Running = Quality Time » | 5.2km in 30 Minutes » | Stupid Humidity » | Shopping DOES Burn Calories » | Longest, Farthest » | Blowing Off Steam » | Just Yoga » | Going Through Twice the Workout Clothes » | Fun at the Grocery Store » | It's A Very Good Thing That I Doubled Up »

Kicking and Screaming (Almost)

Workout (Stretch and Cardio)

BodyFlow: 12:15pm-1:15pm
We did some new poses in BodyFlow that I'd never done before and for most of the class, whenever she optioned an advanced move, I was able to get into it. I'm definitely getting better and better at BodyFlow and the instructor (whom I love, she has this beautiful red curly hair that sometimes falls out of the knot she twists it in) is starting to get to know me which helps. I think it's fantastic that all the instructors are getting to know me and stopping to chat with me after class because it's definitely good motivation - it means that I'm a familiar face and a regular which means I'm being consistent in my workouts :). The cool thing though is when the instructors stop and chat with me it's not usually about the class but more of a socializing thing - both the BP and BF instructors this week had to ask me about my hair and comment on how much they liked it, how much I have, etc. It's almost like having new friends! :)

Running: 9pm-10pm
Walk (Warmup): 5 minutes
Running: 45 minutes / 6.3km / HR: 152-162
Walking (Cooldown): 7 minutes

By 9pm I was snuggled into the corner of the couch and dozing through the end of the Actor's Studio with running the farthest thing from my mind. Fortunately, while I'm a talker (had talked constantly about running during the day), Tay's a doer and he got me up off the couch and into my workout clothes. I'd been chilly all day and didn't much want to venture out into the cool night air, but I conceded by wearing by running suit (jacket with shorts). I had reservations when we first started to run - my left ankle was bothering me, but 10 minutes into the run I didn't really notice it and 20 minutes in I had all but forgotten about it.

We ran for 45 minutes which worked out to about 6.3km but my heart rate stayed below 170 which is where I wanted it to be (from what I can tell, it capped at 162 which I'm happy with).

Next few days are as follows: BP on Thursday am and then next run (probably Friday am) should be a recovery run - so a slow, steady 30 minute run with maybe a harder run Saturday am and then another recovery run on Sunday, followed perhaps by BP :).

Calorie Intake: 2117
Calories Burned: 550~
Calories Net: 1567


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts