« Home | 5.2km in 30 Minutes » | Stupid Humidity » | Shopping DOES Burn Calories » | Longest, Farthest » | Blowing Off Steam » | Just Yoga » | Going Through Twice the Workout Clothes » | Fun at the Grocery Store » | It's A Very Good Thing That I Doubled Up » | Possible New Strategy »

Running = Quality Time

Workout (Cardio and Weights)

Cardio
Walking (Warmup): 5 minutes
Running Intervaled with Walking: 55 minutes / HR: Low 170s

Total Distance: 7.4 km

AL and I acknowledged during our run how nice it was to get out and go for a run because of the quality time that we get to spend together. We went out earlier than normal and had more time, so we ended up going farther then we normally would - headed west along Queen until Strachan and then down to the lake. We took longer walking breaks then normal but neither one of us seemed bothered (probably 2 5-minute breaks) because again we were too busy chatting - it was also tough weather to run in, the sun was out and it was hot - probably high 20s at the very least.

I was reading on the Running for Fitness site about various training zones and heart rates and their recommendation is to do at least one long, slow run per week and once a week do a run at a lactate pace (which means you're running faster with a higher heart rate? I guess?) and then to do recovery runs for the days after your long runs and/or fast runs. Tay and I have talked about alternating fast runs with long runs, but I think that's going to mean 1 fast run per week and then 2 long runs and then my other runs (whether they be with AL or on the treadmill) can be recovery runs. It'll take the pressure off to go faster and or longer, and still give us the oxygen needed to chat incessantly with each other. My next scheduled run is Wednesday night with Tay - it'll be a long run so I'll be watching my HR and trying to make sure it doesn't creep above 170.

BodyPump
5:30pm-6:30pm

Instructor B walked into the crowded studio and zereod in on me right away, demanding to know where I've been. I've been missing her morning classes because I've been coming with AL in the evenings and when I said that I was doing Mondays and Wednesdays for a while, B gave me an insulted look. I quickly had to reassure her that her class is much better and that I would be back next week - that seemed to make her happy and we chatted a bit after class. I love it when your instructor is friendly with you - definitely makes the class more enjoyable and makes you feel special :).

Calorie Intake: 2298
Calories Burned: 800
Calories Net: 1498


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts