« Home | Kicking and Screaming (Almost) » | Running = Quality Time » | 5.2km in 30 Minutes » | Stupid Humidity » | Shopping DOES Burn Calories » | Longest, Farthest » | Blowing Off Steam » | Just Yoga » | Going Through Twice the Workout Clothes » | Fun at the Grocery Store »

Our Golf Pro is Named Roy and Wears Black Knee Socks

Workout (Weights and...Swinging?)

Body Pump: 7:30am-8:30am

Chatted with Instructor J after class about my current running schedule and if I should be maybe decreasing my weights (at least the lower body tracks) considering how much running I have been doing. He suggested that I could go lower, but unless I'm doing a crazy, dangerous amount of weight, it's probably not something to worry too much about because the more I do it, the more my body will realize that I need to adjust. He did suggest though that on days when I run and THEN do BP I might want to decrease as my legs will probably need the break. He also recommended that since I'm doing so much lower body work through running that this would be the perfect time to increase my upper body weights so that I'm strengthening both areas. There's a new release in early September, my plan is to increase upper body weights at that point.

Golfing/Swinging: 7:00pm-7:40pm
In an effort to improve his swing and to teach me HOW to swing, Tay has arranged for golf lessons at our local driving range. We spent a little more than half an hour with Roy - I was positioned in front of a tee and told to keep my feet together, my knees slightly bent, my chin out and then given a club to swing back and forth. I was only allowed to half swing and the result was a hammering like motion that sometimes sent the ball arcing off with the rest of the golf balls but mostly sent the ball bouncing along the grass.

Roy referred to me as young lady all night and complimented me on my progress, claiming that a lot of women don't even manage to hit the ball. He also seemed impressed by my determination to keep practicing and kept rolling golf balls my way so that I could hit, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings by telling him that continuous movement was the only way I could ignore the fact that it was cold and I was freezing in my pink golf/polo type shirt and shorts.

I did feel like I learned something however and was comfortable with the club and the way Roy had me swinging. Even went so far as telling Tay that I would join him on the weekend to practice what I learned. I might become a Stepford wife yet :).

Calorie Intake: 2035
Calories Burned: 400
Calories Net: 1635

You will notice even more cool changes when you start increasing your upper body weights...and you'll notice the changes with running too. I so missed BP this week:(

Post a Comment


* Kill Bill:Vol 1 (2003)

Weighing In

  • Current Body Fat: 24.3%

  • Body Fat Goal: 20.0%

  • Current BMI: 22.5

  • BMI Goal: 21

  • Current Weight: 148lbs

  • Weight Goal: 140lbs

Working Out

  • Monday: Running, 30-45min

  • Tuesday: Body Pump, 1Hr, Running, 30-45min

  • Wednesday: BodyFlow, 1Hr

  • Thursday: Body Pump, 1Hr

  • Friday: Running, 35-45min

  • Saturday: Running, 35-45

  • Sunday: Rest

Previous posts